Bimonthly Membership Meeting
Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 7:30 am - 9:15 am
Maggiano's Little Italy
4999 Old Orchard Shopping Center
Skokie, IL 60077
- Speakers: James Martin of Cendrowski Corporate Advisors
- Topic: Cyber Security
- Doors open at 7:30 A.M. for a buffet breakfast and networking.
- Presentation Begins at 8:00 A.M., and adjournment will be by 9:15 A.M.
- To receive MCLE credit, please supply your ARDC number
- For CFP credit please provide your CFP ID
- Meeting Rates:
- Member Pre-registration: $30 ($36 at the door)
- Guest: $30 ($36 at door). Guests must be a potentials member and may attend at this rate one time. The referring member will receive a $10 Amazon gift card.
- Non-members: $50
During this meeting, James will discuss:
Cyber Security basics:
- Identity Theft and Protection Requirements
- Cyber Security overview
- The weakest link in your Cyber Security program
- How to recognize phishing and malware
- What digital trails do I leave behind?
- Tips to manage your data protection
Jim Martin is Managing Director of Cendrowski Corporate Advisors (CCA). Jim specializes in providing comprehensive risk assessments, focusing on the evaluation of operating effectiveness of business processes, internal control structures, and the development of recommendations for improvement. In many cases, Jim has assisted clients in instances where internal control lapses led to financial reporting and operational issues. Additionally, Jim has performed forensic examinations of numerous business arrangements to determine the accuracy of recorded transactions and financial statement presentations in the healthcare, durable equipment, real estate, automotive, and construction industries. He has also provided these services to private equity funds for quality of earnings analyses. Jim frequently performs litigation support activities, focusing his efforts on fraud investigation and forensic accounting services. He is a detailed accounting technician, and has used his skills to uncover complex multi-million dollar frauds and quantify business losses.
Prior to joining CCA, Jim was a Senior Manager in the Enterprise Risk Services group at a big 4 accounting firm. In this capacity, Jim led teams in the assessment of internal control procedures to support the audit function. Jim also held various management positions within Chrysler Financial, and the Corporate Treasury unit of Chrysler Corporation. In these management positions, Jim designed and implemented internal control systems covering the basic accounting transactions (Accounts Payable, Credit Analysis, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger functions).